Here is a discovery which is especially a small lesson for entrepreneurs who want to know how right assets arise:
In the article 'container revolution - world success with the magic box' to Spiegel.de it comes to the American entrepreneur Malcom McLean, the first container ship in the world was in 1956 set sail:
"It was a stroke of genius, hardly anyone wanted to admit: 1956 sent US forwarder Malcom McLean its first container ship on the journey, the competition has been laughed at, especially in Europe, but the idea of revolutionizing the world economy..."
History has almost all the ingredients that make a good entrepreneur Story:
1. The entrepreneur has not invented the basic idea of the cargo container itself, but it has recognized the potential of the principle and only develops it into a functioning 'business idea' and put into practice.
2. He has developed a business model that has lowered the cost of transport by 90% and still left him a good profit margin.
3. The established competition has rejected the principle of the freight container as not profitable feasible. He still invests heavily in the development of its business idea, because he would not be blinded by false assumptions and has clearly recognized the great benefits of his business idea. He knew what problems were solved and he had to solve, so that the freight container idea can work.
4. He has revolutionized an industry and given his company a new name, which the principle and the benefit of its business idea clearly communicated: Sea-Land.
5. His business idea was so far ahead so advanced and his competitors that he could enter as a pioneer and the harvest, earning a fortune.
If you care, how entrepreneurs can make a real asset, then this story is a good example.
In this program, children should learn to set goals, take responsibility and practice discipline. Dreaming, planning, achievement. Well, that could easily be the content of a training program for operators, right? This title is at least for me an apt motto for the next days.
I do not know how about you, but next to the hustle and bustle and the stress around the Christmas, for me is the time 'between the years', the days between Christmas and New Year, always something special. These days it is actually once quiet, there will be time to think, because I will not be distracted all the time by some everyday things and daily business. It's cold, darkness falls early and most people are in their homes. Like a veil settles a pleasant rest of the country. Time stands still a little. I see then back on the year that is ending and think about what I have experienced and done, how far I have come closer to my dreams. Then I think about what I have dreams and goals for the next year.
I have learned that putting through training, planning, goals and informed choice of action, anything is possible', Michael Phelps said in an interview. In fact, the program 'dreams, plan, achieve' a powerful tool. Read More